RELISH FRESH PRODUCE CARTS
The age old tradition of buying fresh produce from your local grower, hobby farmer or gardening enthusiast is making a resurgence – and you can be involved.
We have begun a pilot project which makes 17 vintage carts available to groups or community organisations to sell fresh produce.
These Relish Fresh Produce Carts can be used at markets (subject to market operator requirements) or in safe roadside vending locations across the region (as approved by Council).
We want to encourage our community and visitors to eat fresh locally grown produce and better understand what food is available during seasonal cycles.
To be able to sell fresh produce grown on the Fraser Coast from a Relish Food Cart, you will need to:
- be a team of at least four “backyard growers” who can sell produce;
- a not-for-profit organisation or community group;
- a commercial grower looking for an outlet;
- operate a cart in a safe roadside location (subject to approval);
- transport the cart if required to and from a market; and
- room to house the cart whilst not in use.
This is a pilot project and we are currently seeking interest from the community.
The project is still in a development phase.