The Fraser Coast’s Impressive Growth Figures Attest to an Irresistible Appeal
With more than 3000 people discovering the region’s relaxed and affordable
lifestyle and investment destination they have been searching for.
The region has been identified as the next ‘hot spot’ with the regional population set to grow dramatically over the next 20 years by over 17% to more than 120,000 people across all demographic segments.
The Fraser Coast is undergoing a demographic shift with more affluent couples and families moving to the region to take advantage of its lifestyle, business and employment opportunities.
With a proud history build on manufacturing and agriculture, the focus is now turning to healthcare, education, professional services, construction and tourism.
On this basis, the Fraser Coast Regional Council has adopted a growth strategy to deliver key economic targets for 2020 that will:
- focus on setting the framework for enhanced growth and development across a broad range of industry sectors within the Fraser Coast region;
- stimulate innovation, business and industry growth by fostering a knowledge-based economy;
- create an environment that is conducive to business and industry develop and attraction
- encourage sustainable and innovative business practices;
- ensure infrastructure meets industry and community expectations;
- encourage partnerships, business networks and alliances to plan and facilitate economic development.