Celebrating 10 years with Virgin Australia and the Fraser Coast
July 29 celebrates the 10 year anniversary of Virgin Australia flights between the Fraser Coast and Sydney.
To mark the anniversary, Invest Fraser Coast (FCO) has partnered with Virgin Australia to celebrate with the ‘Nature’s Ultimate Escape’ prize competition, which is being hosted until 31st July.
With an impressive prize package for two people, FCO would like to thank partnering operators Allegra Grand Mercure Apartments, Freedom Whale Watch, Fraser Explorer Tours and of course Virgin Australia, for contributing to the ‘Nature’s Ultimate Escape’ competition.
Mayor Gerard O’Connell said it is a significant milestone for the relationship between the Fraser Coast and Virgin Australia.
‘The opening of the airport 10 years ago was a great opportunity for the Fraser Coast to tap into the Sydney market. With a daily flight from Sydney, we now see business people, friends, relatives and tourists making the most of this service’, said Cr O’Connell.
Do you remember where you were in 2005? Let us give you a flashback:
- New South Wales won the State of Origin for the first time before their losing streak of 8 years
- John Howard was Prime Minister and Peter Beatie was the premier of Queensland
- Madonna was still winning ARIA awards
- A-League national soccer league began its first season in Australia
- The Sydney Swans and West Tigers took out premierships
- Makybe Diva wins Melbourne cup for 3rd year running
- People were all about their Myspace accounts and social media was in the midst of a revolution with Facebook starting the year prior and Twitter still a year away
- The ‘selfie’ was not a daily ritual
- Socceroos qualify for 2006 FIFA World Cup for first time since 1974
For more information and to enter this exciting initiative, head to whalesherveybay.com.au.
Comments are closed